Brittany is a mixed media artist specializing in intuitive and wildlife work.
She has been creating since a young age, drawing imaginary characters, creatures, and writing the stories to go alongside them. Brittany initially began creating in pencil, pen, colored pencil, and digital painting. More recently she has branched out to work primarily in acrylics, watercolors and mixed media methods. While not formally trained in the arts, she studied Psychology at Iowa State University and also became a certified yoga instructor and has since begun to incorporate this into her personal work.
Current work often focuses on purely intuitive painting and following any inkling of a feeling or idea that comes along during the process. She believes expression, exploration and play are imperative in art creation as well as in a healthy human mind.
She currently resides in Houston, TX with her husband, 2 kiddos, 2 dogs, 2 cats and Twinkle the leopard gecko.
- TAROT DECK: Tarot Fauna, Available for preorder and expected to launch June/July 2017 (Here)
- PUBLICATION: Book Cover Illustration, Tarot Journal: Your 78 Day Journey independently published by Love Light and Legacy April 2017 (Here)
- ILLUSTRATOR: 13 Intuitive Spirit Fox paintings created for Sarah Petruno's Shamanic Healer Training graduates, April, 2017
- GROUP EXHIBITION: Conception Art Show, Spindletap Brewery, March 2017
- ILLUSTRATOR: I Am Power Deck, 2nd Edition with box independently published by Love Light and Legacy, February 2017 (Here)
- ILLUSTRATOR: I Am Power Deck, 1st Edition oracle deck independently published by Love Light and Legacy
- Yoga Teacher Certification 200 Hour, National Association of Certified Yoga Teachers, 2015
- BA Psychology, Minor in Child and Family Services and Animal Ecology, Iowa State University 2011